How to Apply for a Book Love Grant
- must be a full-time K-12 teacher in the United States or Canada.
- must demonstrate an ongoing commitment to independent reading as a classroom practice.
- must have started a classroom library of diverse literature to democratize opportunity for all readers.
- must be willing to maintain the Book Love Foundation library in the applicant's classroom. The books received from this grant are not intended for a school-wide library or to be permanently divided among teachers. (Creative sharing, however, is always encouraged.)
- must be willing to be included in Book Love Foundation promotional materials and participate in research into the effectiveness of classroom libraries on student outcomes in reading. This is a partnership. If we choose you, we expect you to help us help others.
- will collect data on books read from the Book Love Foundation library in order for us to create an ongoing list of books we recommend. We suggest using the Book Source classroom library app for checking out books.
Grant applications are available each year in January and must be completed and submitted electronically by March 15. The Board of Directors will make grantee selections by June 1, and will notify grantees via email by June 15. Books will be delivered to grant winners by Book Source as they are available. Our goal is to complete delivery for the start of the school year.