How to Apply for a Book Love Grant
- must be a full-time teacher in a middle school or high school in the United States or Canada.
- must have demonstrated a commitment to choice and independent reading, and have started the process of building a classroom library.
- must be willing to maintain the Book Love Foundation library in the applicant's classroom. The books received from this grant are not intended for a school-wide library.
- must be willing to be included in Book Love Foundation promotional materials including the website, and participate in research into the effectiveness of classroom libraries on student outcomes in reading. Our expectations for your involvement with the Foundation are high. We expect grant winners to maintain records and to help us advance this work.
- will collect data on books read from the Book Love Foundation library in order for us to create the next year's library list. We suggest using the Book Source classroom library app for checking out books.
Grant applications must be completed and submitted electronically by March 1, 2018.
The Board of Directors will make 2018 grantee selections by June 1, 2018, and will notify grantees via email.
Books will be delivered to grant 2018 winners by Book Source as they are available. Our goal is to complete delivery for the start of the 2018-2019 school year.