How to Apply for a Book Love Grant
- must be a full-time teacher in the United States or Canada.
- must have demonstrated a commitment to personalized independent reading, and have started the process of building a classroom library.
- must be willing to maintain the Book Love Foundation library in the applicant's classroom. The books received from this grant are not intended for a school-wide library or to be permanently divided among teachers. Creative sharing, however, is always encouraged.
- must be willing to be included in Book Love Foundation promotional materials including the website, and participate in research into the effectiveness of classroom libraries on student outcomes in reading. Our expectations for your involvement with the Foundation are high. We expect grant winners to maintain records and to help us advance this work. This is a partnership. If we choose you, we expect you to help us help others.
- will collect data on books read from the Book Love Foundation library in order for us to create an ongoing list of books we recommend. We suggest using the Book Source classroom library app for checking out books.
Grant applications must be completed and submitted electronically by March 15, 2018.
The Board of Directors will make 2018 grantee selections by June 1, 2018, and will notify grantees via email by June 15, 2018.
Books will be delivered to grant 2018 winners by Book Source as they are available. Our goal is to complete delivery for the start of the 2018-2019 school year.